1. Ate a power bar and banana for breakfast.
2. Played with computer manipulated photos.
3. Ate spaghetti and veggie meatballs for lunch - dessert was an ice cream sandwich.
4. Took a nap with Dave and Andy.
5. Put up 4 bluebird houses in the yard with Dave. I held the pipes while he stood on the ladder and pounded the pipes in and then attached the boxes. 2 of them we will be able to see from the house. One of them will be pretty easy to see from my studio window - the other with binoculars from the kitchen window. The other 2 are out of sight of the windows.
6. Ordered 4 dried gourds. I want to make them into birdhouses and hang them in trees around the yard. Excited about birds and bird houses right now.
7. Ate a dinner of sauteed onions, green peppers and veggie sausage, buttered toast and green beans.
1. The "snow light" this morning. There is a certain light that comes in the windows on sunny mornings when the world is covered with snow. I can remember as a kid laying in bed in the morning on a weekend, looking at the ceiling and just knowing that it had snowed during the night because of the quality of the light that came into the window.
2. That Dave is getting older - and so am I. But it is like I read somewhere recently, "I can't do the things I once could do - but I don't have to". I find that very comforting.
3. Watched a few episodes of Rumpole of the Bailey. We really like him.
4. Looked at the hummingbird migration map
for this year. I see from previous years we can expect them close to the end of this month. It always makes me almost tear up when I think of the brave hummingbirds flying all this way, working their way northward to us. This is one thing I really look forward to - the hummingbirds arriving. And now that I have got a group of orioles feeding at our jelly feeders I look forward to that too. I think they will get here about the same time.
5. Saw lots of stuff in the basement while working there. Saw a kit to make a Boy Scout "talking feather".
6. Saw a ring I nearly finished making that had a tiny mosaic of stained glass in it. I never grouted it.
7. Found Kenyon's original Rabbit Rabbit - the one that got me started:
I think it is interesting how inadvertently the rabbits get expressions on their faces that you might not be intending them to have when you draw them.
Heard Andy barking at something when I got up from my nap. Came out to find him in a stand off with Milo. Milo was in the spot by the living room window that is a favorite for all the animals. I held onto Andy's collar and brought him closer to Milo. Their noses were about 4 inches away when Milo hissed and ran away.